- Formal coursework and continuing education in proposal writing, creative writing, technical writing, writing for the web and instructional design.
- Fifteen years experience researching and writing and/or editing proposals in formal and informal learning environments, working individually and with committees. In particular, experienced with National Science Foundation and Institute of Museum and Library Sciences for education and outreach.
- Twenty years experience writing and editing content for various professional communications, dissertations, theses, web sites, curriculum, proposals, reports, comprehensive literature reviews, blogs and wikis for user support.
- Hubbard Museum of the American West, Cope Learning Center Technology Grant, $80,000. Institute of Museum and Library Sciences. Funded, July 2011.
- Professional Program in Biotechnology Masters Program Proposal. Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. Program approved April 2001 by Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. (http://ppib.tamu.edu)
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopahthy and the Prion Protein gene. Section IIIB Development of Education Modules on Animal GMOs. Submitted to USDA. Not funded. Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
- Fort Stanton--original design, content, maintenance, 2010 to present
- Carrizozo Works--original design and content, 2010
- Many Hats Web Services--design, content and maintenance
- Craft and Garden--design, content and maintenance
- J. K. Isom--design, content and maintenance
- XYZ Media—500 word articles on health careers, Fall 2009
- AggiE-folio, Texas A&M University Career Center (December 2003 to 2005). Developed content, tutorials, presentations and all support materials for faculty, staff and students using AggiE-folio. Maintained separate blogs for students and faculty on e-folios. Conducted usability test to re-design navigation.
- TAMU Career Center Web Development Team. (2006). Team leader for realignment of navigation and content for mission critical web site. Edited all content.
- Professional Program in Biotechnology. (August 1997-December 2003). Development and maintenance of program web site and virtual community in WebCT.
- Methods of Adult Education, Texas A&M University (Fall 2006). Developed and delivered training to teach ADDIE model and active training methods to 30 adults. Pilot tested electronic portfolio under development as AggiE-folio.
- PPiB Professional Portfolio and Internship Student Handbook. (2000). Professional Program in Biotechnology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
- National Pork Producers Council. (Spring 1998). Pork Production and Management Course. Unit II: Managing Breeding Programs and Practices.
- Briefing Book on Interdisciplinary Programs for the Interdisciplinary Planning and Oversight Committee. (August 1998). Texas A&M University, College Station, TX.
- The Biotechnology Industry in Texas. (Fall 1997). Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. Brief report detailing the need for better workforce development for the biotechnology industry in Texas. This resulted in development of a professional science masters program in biotechnology and business.
- Kantz, J. (2004). Use of a web-based Delphi to identify critical components of a professional Science master’s program. Texas A&M University, College Station, TX. (Dissertation)
- Kantz, J. (1992). Seed Transmission of Watermelon Anthracnose Caused by Colletotrichum lagenarium. Thesis. Tarleton State University, Stephenville, TX. (Thesis)