- Three years experience designing and developing compliance training modules for a state government agency using Lectora, Camtasia, Raptivity, PowerPoint and other software. Experienced with creating self-paced, interactive, SCORM compliant courses.
- Three years experience developing and managing an Access database for tracking training for 1,700+ employees for compliance reporting to state and federal offices.
- Three years experience as Blackboard node admin. Recently (July 2016) promoted to system admin. Manage all courses, users, departments. Developing training resources for staff and instructors. Provide user support.
- Formal coursework in instructional design, proposal writing, creative writing, technical writing, web design, qualitative and quantitative methods, adult and secondary education.
- Fifteen years experience researching and writing and/or editing proposals in science and education in formal and informal learning environments, working individually and with committees.
- Twenty years experience writing and editing content for various professional communications, web sites, curriculum, proposals, reports, comprehensive literature reviews, blogs and wikis for user support.
- Eighteen years project and program management experience--developed proposals for new graduate programs in emerging fields, led team to create an e-portfolio for student development and outcomes assessment to support university outcomes assessment goals, taught teacher professional development workshops and provided staff development and support for various technologies. Developed a virtual community for professional program in Blackboard.
- Graduate course work in adult education theories and methods, qualitative and quantitative methods, used SPSS for analysis.
- Dissertation research: Used the Delphi Method to identify critical components and competencies for a professional science masters program combining biotechnology with business. (Use of a web-based delphi for identifying critical components of a professional science master's program in biotechnology; Kantz, JW)
- Ph. D. ALED with Adult/Distance Education emphasis, Texas A&M University
- Masters, Biology, Plant Pathology emphasis, Tarleton State University
- Bachelors, Biology, Field Biology emphasis, Tarleton State University